Since 1998, Matthew has been involved in the Financial Services industry providing stock, option and CFD advisory services, trading advice, funds management and education services.
Matt is an Authorised Representative of Halifax Investment Services, providing analysis and recommendations for trading Covered Calls in the US markets and using Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) for medium-term positions. In addition to this, he provides support to Australian Investment Education (AIE) in the development of educational services.
ASIC Australian Financial Services License Number – 225973
Matthew holds a Bachelor of Business and after falling into the Financial Services industry in 1998, earned his Diploma of Technical Analysis (ATAA) before computers and online trading platforms were readily available. He is licensed as an Equities and Derivatives advisor with Accredited Derivatives Adviser levels 1 & 2.
A brief career in the military out of school instilled a level of discipline that has been priceless in a career providing trading and investment advice. Having experienced several Market Crashes, Matthew’s approach to managing trades and making clear decisions holds him in high esteem with his peers.
His passion is using Stock and Index options to enhance investment strategies. “No matter whether the markets are rising or falling, the opportunities to profit in the markets are limitless.”
Follow Matthew Brown on Google+
Articles by Matthew Brown
- Could Grexit be just around the corner? The European Union is on the verge of losing its first member
- A leading Australian Stock Broker goes bust! Is your money safe?
- Is the economy stumbling, or is this business as usual?
- Cuba – the new ‘Emerging Market’ kid on the block
- Australian Household debt is out of control. And it is your Retirement that will suffer!
- Crude Oil supply and demand is in an imbalance. Yet, we are still paying peak prices at the pump!
- China growth stalls, sending warning signals to Australian investors
- How the weather impacts your stock market investments. Will the ASX grind to a halt due to TC Marcia?
- If you don’t own US stocks, then you will miss the key growth market for 2015.
- Inflation – the double edged sword. Is a Recession just around the corner?